One of our emotions that is caused from an occurrence that doesn’t go the way we intend it to goes by the name of Anger. Anger can be very problematic in a various amount of ways and im here to inform you on why you should attempt to stray away from is and the negative effects it could cause for you and your peers. To start things off, anger has the ability to consume people and create difficulty in concentrating or even enjoying life. The affects of anger can go from all the way from mental stress to physical problems. Im sure you’ve seen people in movies or the news do something outlandish due to their state of rage and if you dont take the steps to learn how to suppress anger you could end up like with bad impulses that you’ve seen before.
Normally humans wont be able to reach a certain degree of anger unless they see something traumatic enough to make them black out or literal have anger issues. But assuming that my audience hasn’t experienced or went through either of those I would love to give tips on how to avoid getting anywhere near those points.
Some ways to disperse your anger are,
- Think before you speak. In the heat of the moment, it’s easy to say something you’ll later regret.
- Once you’re calm, express your concerns.
- Get some exercise.
- Take a timeout.
- Identify possible solutions.
- Stick with ‘I’ statements (meaning you take accountability for what you say before the blame is even pointed towards.
- Don’t hold a grudge.
- Use humor to release tension.