I know that I already said that I went to Minnesota but I wanted to share more about it. Minnesota is know as “The state of a thousand lakes”, although it has 11, 842 to be exact. It is also known as many other things. Including lakes and forests, but its’s also home to the Twin Cities: Saint Paul and Minneapolis. The Twin Cities are home to many fortune 500 companies. And of course it has the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, its the largest mall in the United States.
Some Interesting Facts About Minnesota
- The name Minnesota cam from the Dakota tribes word for the Minnesota River, Minnesota meaning, “cloudy, muddy water”
- Became a state in 11858, the 32nd state in the union
- 12th largest state in the U.S.
- The Mall Of America in Bloomington is the size of 78 football fields, 9.5 million square feet
- The Hull-Rust mine in Hibbing became the largest open pit mine in the world
By: Sophia Ortega